Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: C8 Corvettes are here!

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nbmplano View Post
    That z06 will blow the doors off any Porsche you are going to buy. From a pure driving AND performance perspective. And I love Porsches.

Unless you get a 992 GT3 that z06 will not be touched on bang for its buck. I am confident.
    Of course - completely different experiences, but both are appealing. Iíll probably go with the Porsche. Getting closer and closer. I wanted to get settled in the house first, and Iím really happy Iím waiting. Would NOT have been able to enjoy the car this summer

vCash
    https://www.thedrive.com/news/41977/...ph-street-race

Lol this happened locally. Dealer tech took customers car on joyride and got into a148mph race on the freeway. Dealer let the guy trade in his 21 for a 22 no strings attached. They even paid the sales tax

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gameskin
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnEm View Post
    https://www.thedrive.com/news/41977/...ph-street-race

Lol this happened locally. Dealer tech took customers car on joyride and got into a148mph race on the freeway. Dealer let the guy trade in his 21 for a 22 no strings attached. They even paid the sales tax
    Smart dealer.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GearheadSS
    We got 3 sold orders in yesterday. 1 more to go for 2021 and then the 22s start rolling in.

vCash
    Is that black one my dads?

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Yes sir. Just got off of the phone with him to coordinate delivery. You should come out here with him!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead SS View Post
    Yes sir. Just got off of the phone with him to coordinate delivery. You should come out here with him!
    how long have those customers been waiting? (roughly)

vCash
    yeah, then his red one comes in next month and then the 3 Z06's should be here next year

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by silverSS View Post
    how long have those customers been waiting? (roughly)
    One of them, about a year. The others not quite as long. I've worked through all of my long time wait listers. Everyone on the list now has been on there for around 6-8 months or so.

vCash
    One of them, about a year. The others not quite as long. I've worked through all of my long time wait listers. Everyone on the list now has been on there for around 6-8 months or so.
    just curious, that's what I have been seeing/hearing elsewhere but obviously you would know for sure.

vCash
    I wish I could. He and my mom are already at Bush and I-30. I just got out of my meeting otherwise I would have gone with him. I'm excited to see it!

vCash
    That black one looks good.

vCash
    Obviously no one can know this, but I wonder how long it will be, if ever, that these are affordable for the common man.
    For example, I had a ten year old 99 FRC in 2009.
    Will I have a 2021 in 2031? Where's my crystal ball?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilton View Post
    Obviously no one can know this, but I wonder how long it will be, if ever, that these are affordable for the common man.
    For example, I had a ten year old 99 FRC in 2009.
    Will I have a 2021 in 2031? Where's my crystal ball?
    as soon as production gets caught up with demand. at the end of the day, it's still a Corvette.

Registered Member speed_demon24's Avatar

vCash
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: spddmn24
    Quote Originally Posted by silverSS View Post
    as soon as production gets caught up with demand. at the end of the day, it's still a Corvette.
    I wouldn't be surprised if enthusiast cars start holding their value better in the near future with them being killed off.

vCash
    I don't know, man. I'm seeing C7s still for sale at C8 sticker prices.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by speed_demon24 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if enthusiast cars start holding their value better in the near future with them being killed off.
    I don't disagree, but there's a huge gap between holding their value and $40k over MSRP. That's just not sustainable. Now, it may take longer for C8's because people will be unwilling to take a $60k bath on their 2 year old purchase, but that's a different story.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    I don't know, man. I'm seeing C7s still for sale at C8 sticker prices.

That's just because someone can't walk into their Chevy dealer and buy a C8. Some folks that don't want to wait for a C8 order will pay more for a C7 that is available now. Once C8s become more readily available, C7s will drop back down to normal.

ZR1s might be the exception. 7 speed manual ZR1s with low miles are selling for $25k+ more than than what they stickered for in 2019.

vCash
    That's just because someone can't walk into their Chevy dealer and buy a C8. Some folks that don't want to wait for a C8 order will pay more for a C7 that is available now. Once C8s become more readily available, C7s will drop back down to normal.

ZR1s might be the exception. 7 speed manual ZR1s with low miles are selling for $25k+ more than than what they stickered for in 2019.
    yeah, I've seen multiple manual ZTK cars in the $200k range. Nuts.

vCash
    I have to wonder if simply the market for gas performance vehicles will be strong for a long time, with the coming move to electrics in the next decade. Seems that a lot of manufacturer R&D investment for performance gassers is just falling off. We know Camaro is pretty much gone after either '24 or '26, CT4/5 same. Outside the C8 GM has pretty much said no new ICE powertrain development going forward, and the other makes seem to be following.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by NHRATA01 View Post
    I have to wonder if simply the market for gas performance vehicles will be strong for a long time, with the coming move to electrics in the next decade. Seems that a lot of manufacturer R&D investment for performance gassers is just falling off. We know Camaro is pretty much gone after either '24 or '26, CT4/5 same. Outside the C8 GM has pretty much said no new ICE powertrain development going forward, and the other makes seem to be following.
    From what I understand, CT5 is slated to go to 2030 with the current platform. That means Camaro could do the same.

As far as demand, I guess it will depend on how expensive gas gets. If the govt decides to tax gas higher or tax ICE vehicles, the average person might not be able to afford to drive a gas powered performance vehicle.

vCash
    From what I understand, CT5 is slated to go to 2030 with the current platform. That means Camaro could do the same.

As far as demand, I guess it will depend on how expensive gas gets. If the govt decides to tax gas higher or tax ICE vehicles, the average person might not be able to afford to drive a gas powered performance vehicle.
    I have a strong feeling that's exactly what will happen. Sure, you can keep your gas powered vehicle, but we will make gas so high that you can't afford to drive it.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DANSBIRD View Post
    I have a strong feeling that's exactly what will happen. Sure, you can keep your gas powered vehicle, but we will make gas so high that you can't afford to drive it.
    Let's hope not. It would put so many companies out of business if people couldn't afford to continue to drive their project or collector cars. See the Holley Carb thread. Imagine how many people would be out of a job if they and the companies under their umbrella closed shop.

vCash
    Let's hope not. It would put so many companies out of business if people couldn't afford to continue to drive their project or collector cars. See the Holley Carb thread. Imagine how many people would be out of a job if they and the companies under their umbrella closed shop.
    I completely agree... I simply don't think that matters to the ones calling the shots and pushing this full on EV agenda.

Make it three yards... redy2kss's Avatar

vCash

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by redy2kss View Post

vCash

I dunno, 2030 seems like a stretch. That would put Camaro6 at 15 model years old basically. Sales are getting really low, supposedly the engineering team got moved to electrics, there's no 7th gen rumors out there. As great as the BW cars are lets face it CT4/5 aren't going to be big sellers. You got a full sized plant in Lansing Grand River making 3 low volume vehicles that GM barely gives any acknowledgement of anymore, just seems ripe for an early ax to Alpha and retool the plant for electric vehicle capacity. We all remember what GM did to the 4th gens and St Therese.

Regarding the future of ICE taxes, without getting political in the CG the one factor there is the party that would push such a thing for environmental purposes, is also the party that appeals/panders to the lower tax brackets. Its usually accepted that gas taxes tend to be regressive since poorer folks tend to drive older and less fuel efficient vehicles, in this case ICE vehicles vs expensive new electrics. So worth considering. I just think performance ICE cars are going to become real niche since bargain performance cars like the Camaro seem to have a dim future, and on the high end the performance capabilities of EV's can't be denied.
    Last edited by NHRATA01; 08-25-2021 at 11:48 PM.

vCash
    I hate the fake-environmentally conscious agenda that's pushed while ignoring all of the plastic that's having to be produced & discarded in order to maintain these more efficient vehicles.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

I dunno, 2030 seems like a stretch. That would put Camaro6 at 15 model years old basically. Sales are getting really low, supposedly the engineering team got moved to electrics, there's no 7th gen rumors out there. As great as the BW cars are lets face it CT4/5 aren't going to be big sellers. You got a full sized plant in Lansing Grand River making 3 low volume vehicles that GM barely gives any acknowledgement of anymore, just seems ripe for an early ax to Alpha and retool the plant for electric vehicle capacity. We all remember what GM did to the 4th gens and St Therese.
    I'll just point to the Challenger and Charger and the fact that the platform is now going into its 15th year of production. GM can always do another mid-cycle refresh to keep interest up in the cars. They could also restart any of the shelved versions of the 6th gen that they were working on. It will all depend on demand for the car. I don't even count sales over the last 2 model years since we dealers could not order near the number of cars that we could actually sell. There is demand for these cars out there, GM just needs to make them.

vCash
    I'll just point to the Challenger and Charger and the fact that the platform is now going into its 15th year of production. GM can always do another mid-cycle refresh to keep interest up in the cars. They could also restart any of the shelved versions of the 6th gen that they were working on. It will all depend on demand for the car. I don't even count sales over the last 2 model years since we dealers could not order near the number of cars that we could actually sell. There is demand for these cars out there, GM just needs to make them.
    Right but it just reminds me of the 4th gens. They come out with a great package in '98, have a few ads for a year and then don't spend a cent promoting the car, and by '01 dealers only stock the loaded models pricing out a large part of it's target young male audience. GM claims no one is buying them, uses it as an excuse to kill the car and demo the plant.

One could also say you shouldn't count sales since that '19 front end refresh

vCash
    Right but it just reminds me of the 4th gens. They come out with a great package in '98, have a few ads for a year and then don't spend a cent promoting the car, and by '01 dealers only stock the loaded models pricing out a large part of it's target young male audience. GM claims no one is buying them, uses it as an excuse to kill the car and demo the plant.

One could also say you shouldn't count sales since that '19 front end refresh
    Best example is the Chevy SS. That is such an awesome car that GM never even tried to sell.

vCash
    Best example is the Chevy SS. That is such an awesome car that GM never even tried to sell.
    See, you always make me feel bad for making fun of your mom with statements like that.

There was a lot of other "stuff" involved with the SS, reportedly it was a Mark Reuss pet project combined with a deal with the Aussie auto workers union to import a fixed number of cars to the US per year, first with the G8, then the Caprice PPV + SS. And much like the 4th gens, GM long knew it wanted to close the Australian plant after '17 so it set the cards up to fall that way. SS was really doomed from the start and I guess it was cheaper to just sell it here in low numbers rather than break the contract.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Different situation completely. GM only offered that car because they had a contractual obligation with Holden that was left over from the deal with Pontiac and the G8 production. I'm pretty sure GM lost money on every one of those cars they sold over here. They only wanted to fulfil that contract and not produce more than they were required to.

vCash
    Different situation completely. GM only offered that car because they had a contractual obligation with Holden that was left over from the deal with Pontiac and the G8 production. I'm pretty sure GM lost money on every one of those cars they sold over here. They only wanted to fulfil that contract and not produce more than they were required to.
    I know... and I realize that. I just wish they would have put more effort into that car.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

First round of 2022 sold orders are in.

3LT Convertible Z51 C8.R Edition 1 of 1000. Body color accent package, mag ride, front lift, body color nacelles. I love the look of this package. Available in Hypersonic Gray(#4 C8R) or Accelerate Yellow(#3 C8R). $101,170

2LT Coupe, non Z51. New low profile spoiler/front splitter. Mag ride, black wheels, red calipers. $73,945

1LT Z51. Black stripes, black mirrors and spoiler, red calipers, red interior, blue seatbelts, color combination override. $71,715. On Corvette sold orders, you can option in color combo override to get interior/exterior combos not offered normally. This is one WILD color combo.

Last edited by Gearhead SS; 09-16-2021 at 06:38 PM.

I like to do the breaking in person LV2XLR8's Avatar

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: That LSU Guy
    First round of 2022 sold orders are in.

3LT Convertible Z51 C8.R Edition 1 of 1000. Body color accent package, mag ride, front lift, body color nacelles. I love the look of this package. Available in Hypersonic Gray(#4 C8R) or Accelerate Yellow(#3 C8R). $101,170

Whataburger > *

vCash
    they have successfully managed to continue to offer some of the worst factory wheels ever available

Stable Genius

vCash
    I think the Corvette is an awesome car. I’ve always liked them. And the C8 is a massive leap forward. What I don’t get is why can’t they nail the styling? Overall, the car is a knockout, but the rear end is not great. It surely wouldn’t stop me from buying one if I were in the market, but man, another swing and a miss.

I mean new Ferraris, Lamborghinis, even the Ford GT are almost always sex on wheels. Chevy put an ugly ass on the C8.

Rise early. Work hard. STRIKE OIL! CT Morgan's Avatar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LV2XLR8 View Post
    Indeed. But, needs to pack a strong punch if it's going to have "C8.R" on it.

vCash
    I may be alone here but really not digging that C8.R glitter. Do that color with gunmetal stripes and the other dark wheels and you may have something, but that one ordered doesn't do it for me; especially with the decals.

I do REALLY like that shark skin color pax side dash though.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

I may be alone here but really not digging that C8.R glitter. Do that color with gunmetal stripes and the other dark wheels and you may have something, but that one ordered doesn't do it for me; especially with the decals.

I do REALLY like that shark skin color pax side dash though.

It's got a lot of bling but I really like it in Hypersonic Gray. I love Corvette Racing too so that probably helps. I really dig that color most of all though. We're kind of torn on color for when we order ours. It will be one of these. Minus the wheels. I will be ordering base wheels and getting some aftermarket wheels.

Last edited by Gearhead SS; 09-16-2021 at 09:57 PM.

vCash
    I'm not a grey color vehicle fan but it looks great in that rendering. I guess I need to see one in person. Blue is nice too though.

Stable Genius

vCash
    The body color side scoop trim looks great.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Chevy just released a pic of the Z06 on the Corvette instagram page.

vCash
    Oh damn. that is fine.

Maybe it's just the angle, but I think the bulged fenders help.
    Last edited by DANSBIRD; 09-27-2021 at 08:11 PM.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: savantard
    I actually like those wheels!

vCash
    I like the black horizontal piece behind the side scoop.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

I like the black horizontal piece behind the side scoop.
    The shark tooth? I don't if I like it yet. I really like the wheels.

Whataburger > *

vCash
    how much power do they make?

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Griswold View Post
    how much power do they make?

If rumors are true, less than the C7 Z06.
    Last edited by Gearhead SS; 09-27-2021 at 11:09 PM.

Whataburger > *

vCash

vCash
    IIRC, It's an NA engine that's smaller VS the previous being blown & larger.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

IIRC, It's an NA engine that's smaller VS the previous being blown & larger.
    Correct. It will still be much faster than the C7 Z06 so I doubt anyone will really care if it has a few less hp.

vCash
    Any word on MSRP?

Beardsly McTurbanhead DiamondJoeQuimby's Avatar

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CGM05GOAT
    https://jalopnik.com/2023-corvette-z...-it-1847752670

rumor 5.5L flat plane crank V8 w/ 625 HP that revs to 9k.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Chevy just released a pic of the Z06 on the Corvette instagram page.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Any word on MSRP?
    Est starting at $87k

https://www.caranddriver.com/chevrolet/corvette-z06

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondJoeQuimby View Post
    https://jalopnik.com/2023-corvette-z...-it-1847752670

rumor 5.5L flat plane crank V8 w/ 625 HP that revs to 9k.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LV2XLR8 View Post
    That seems like a bargain for this car!

If true, C7Zs (and subsequently, all other C7s) just dropped significantly.
    Last edited by DANSBIRD; 09-28-2021 at 06:09 AM.