Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 61 to 87 of 87

Thread: 2022 Ford Maverick, 40mpg, starting at $20k

  1. #61
    DANSBIRD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    182,434
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. DitchCricket View Post
    I don't see this happening and is it only non-truck people that think that truck people don't actually use their trucks as trucks? I don't understand this comment since everyone I know that owns a truck uses it as a truck. Yeah, it's great to have 4 full doors and room for the fam along with all the nice features of a nice sedan but my truck gets used like a truck.
    I can easily think of 10 people right off the top that own a truck and could go through their normal day to day/week to week lives w/out ever needing their truck. One of my best friends has a 6.2l Sierra that he's thinking of trading in b/c of resale value and b/c he's only needed it as a truck twice in the past several years. If you're in an area where everyone you know that has a truck actually uses their truck for more than what a small pickup, or even an SUV could do, then I'd say you're in the minority (I could be wrong). Hell, it's the same in the Jeep world, too. Just like there are mall crawler Jeeps that never leave the pavement, there is something similar for trucks that are used as cars.

    And I'm not included towing... since SUVs can easily tow a boat/trailer, etc.


    I'd actually love to see the statistics on something like that. My granddad was an exception to that. He'd buy a truck and beat the hell out of it opening day if he had to. To him, it was a tool and he used it like that. Reminded me of those ole '90's Chevy "Like a Rock" commercials.
    Last edited by DANSBIRD; 06-17-2021 at 12:34 AM.

  2. #62
    Team Hobbit windham's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    92,094
    vCash
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. DitchCricket View Post
    I don't see this happening and is it only non-truck people that think that truck people don't actually use their trucks as trucks? I don't understand this comment since everyone I know that owns a truck uses it as a truck. Yeah, it's great to have 4 full doors and room for the fam along with all the nice features of a nice sedan but my truck gets used like a truck.
    I am not daily towing a trailer but I do from time to time and I often use my bed to carry things I wouldn't want to try and move with a car or minivan. You don't want to toss a greasy powerglide into the back of your wife's new Acura.

  3. #63
    ZFG Crew Dr. DitchCricket's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Somewhere between NOLA & a swamp
    Posts
    47,873
    vCash
    15732
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: MudBoatCpt
    Quote Originally Posted by windham View Post
    I am not daily towing a trailer but I do from time to time and I often use my bed to carry things I wouldn't want to try and move with a car or minivan. You don't want to toss a greasy powerglide into the back of your wife's new Acura.
    Yeah, I'm not using my truck for "truck stuff" every day but the bed and trailer hitch gets used all the time And yeah, SUV's can tow but often times, I'm towing a muddy ass mud boat or ATV's that also get muddy so it's nice to be able to throw other dirty/muddy items in the bed of truck instead of the back of a nice SUV.

    And Dan, 90's era OSB Chevy's are freaking awesome I should've never gotten rid of mine, that old truck would take a beating up at the old deer lease
      Spoiler:  


  4. #64
    Never Ends....
    PC PaiN's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    28,083
    vCash
    5269
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: PC PaiN
    Use my bed every time I pick up Dans mom

  5. #65
    DANSBIRD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    182,434
    vCash
    25

  6. #66
    Come at me bro! ChillPhatCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    LaFayette, NY
    Posts
    35,181
    vCash
    1596
    Quote Originally Posted by PC PaiN View Post
    Use my bed every time I pick up Dans mom

  7. #67
    something clever here

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    *new* friendly Manitoba
    Posts
    11,887
    vCash
    8130
    Quote Originally Posted by PC PaiN View Post
    Use my bed every time I pick up Dans mom

  8. #68
    Registered Member speed_demon24's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    20,307
    vCash
    25
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: spddmn24
    Quote Originally Posted by PC PaiN View Post
    Use my bed every time I pick up Dans mom
    Did you start this trend?


  9. #69
    DANSBIRD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    182,434
    vCash
    25
    Y'all are colllld blooded.

  10. #70
    Come at me bro! ChillPhatCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    LaFayette, NY
    Posts
    35,181
    vCash
    1596
    Quote Originally Posted by speed_demon24 View Post
    Did you start this trend?

    That's cause she layin' down in the bed not sitting up.

  11. #71
    Team Hobbit windham's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    92,094
    vCash
    50
    Dang!

    I got to chime in for my boy Dan, y'all are just wrong for this nonsense. Dan's mom is not that heavy. I mean she makes the box springs creak a little but ...

  12. #72
    R.I.P PCED: 6-28-2020 5.0THIS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    45,347
    vCash
    31500
    Quote Originally Posted by PC PaiN View Post
    Use my bed every time I pick up Dans mom
    When did you get a 1 ton truck?

  13. #73
    Starminator Wars 2: Judgement Force ScotWithOne_R/T's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    28,073
    vCash
    25
    Gamer IDs

    Raptr ID: WhatinthefuckisRaptr
    buncha 40 year olds making yo-mama jokes.

  14. #74
    Member of the 12th man deej-79's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Missing the mountains
    Posts
    18,919
    vCash
    2165
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotWithOne_R/T View Post
    buncha 40 year olds making yo-mama jokes.
    Cant come up with a good one?

  15. #75
    DANSBIRD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    182,434
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotWithOne_R/T View Post
    buncha 40 year olds making yo-mama jokes.
    Have we stepped on some toes?

  16. #76
    Never Ends....
    PC PaiN's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    28,083
    vCash
    5269
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: PC PaiN
    Spoken just like a dude low on T

  17. #77
    R.I.P PCED: 6-28-2020 5.0THIS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    45,347
    vCash
    31500
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotWithOne_R/T View Post
    buncha 40 year olds making yo-mama jokes.
    I’ll bet you’re just the life of the party, aren’t you.

  18. #78
    Registered Member Epic Bosnian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    56,887
    vCash
    67
    Allegedly, Ford already has 40k Maverick orders.

  19. #79
    Starminator Wars 2: Judgement Force ScotWithOne_R/T's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    28,073
    vCash
    25
    Gamer IDs

    Raptr ID: WhatinthefuckisRaptr
    y'all just mad i had the best burn of this thread

  20. #80
    Member of the 12th man deej-79's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Missing the mountains
    Posts
    18,919
    vCash
    2165
    I think I saw a Maverick today, it's not great in person from what I briefly saw, the proportions are all off. It was way too fast to get pictures

  21. #81
    Come at me bro! ChillPhatCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    LaFayette, NY
    Posts
    35,181
    vCash
    1596
    Quote Originally Posted by deej-79 View Post
    It was way too fast to get pictures

  22. #82
    Registered Member mogs01gt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    29,578
    vCash
    440
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: mogs01gt
    Quote Originally Posted by DANSBIRD View Post
    Ahhhh... a transverse- mounted engine FWD "truck". That, sir, is not a truck. It's a car w/ a bed. How dainty.


    Ziggy should have responded to him with "No one cares about trucks with a transverse-mounted engine designed around being a FWD".

    And if mogs didn't like it, he could pull a tissue out of his fanny pack.
    dont be mad that my "car" is more useful than your mall cruiser. hauled lumber and a trailer with my "car", also toted around a real 4x4 in my trailer as well this weekend.
    Last edited by mogs01gt; 07-04-2021 at 07:45 AM.

  23. #83
    Team Hobbit windham's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    92,094
    vCash
    50
    So Moggs got people to sit in a car, he carried 1/2 a sheet of plywood in his trunk with no trunk lid, and he towed a trailer loaded down with Chinese 4wheeler built for kids weighing 70 pounds or less? Did I miss anything?

  24. #84
    DANSBIRD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    182,434
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    dont be mad that my "car" is more useful than your mall cruiser. hauled lumber and a trailer with my "car", also toted around a real 4x4 in my trailer as well this weekend.
    I'm terribly impressed. My vehicle has no dog in this race. You were being an ass for no reason and then all credit was thrown out the window when you told him to compare apples to apples while comparing your car to a real truck.

    Ziggy's comparison was a whole lot more valid than yours.
    Last edited by DANSBIRD; 07-05-2021 at 04:54 AM.

  25. #85
    Registered Member mogs01gt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    29,578
    vCash
    440
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: mogs01gt
    Quote Originally Posted by windham View Post
    So Moggs got people to sit in a car, he carried 1/2 a sheet of plywood in his trunk with no trunk lid, and he towed a trailer loaded down with Chinese 4wheeler built for kids weighing 70 pounds or less? Did I miss anything?
    no no no, the Chinese quad was in the bed and the plywood was on the trailer.

    Quote Originally Posted by DANSBIRD View Post
    I'm terribly impressed. My vehicle has no dog in this race. You were being an ass for no reason and then all credit was thrown out the window when you told him to compare apples to apples while comparing your car to a real truck.

    Ziggy's comparison was a whole lot more valid than yours.
    So a modified diesel is comparable to a stock gas engine... In what world?
    Last edited by mogs01gt; 07-06-2021 at 06:51 PM.

  26. #86
    DANSBIRD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    182,434
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    no no no, the Chinese quad was in the bed and the plywood was on the trailer.



    So a modified diesel is comparable to a stock gas engine... In what world?
    Apologies. Upon further inspection, it appears the Maverick, like the Ridgeline, is a FWD unibody based off of a crossover. So, in your case, it was a perfect comparison. Ziggy was absolutely incorrect in throwing his actual truck, that can tow more, haul more, and is actually a truck into the mix.

    F-you, Ziggy.


  27. #87
    Registered Member DrivingZiggy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,684
    vCash
    8500
    Quote Originally Posted by DANSBIRD View Post
    Apologies. Upon further inspection, it appears the Maverick, like the Ridgeline, is a FWD unibody based off of a crossover. So, in your case, it was a perfect comparison. Ziggy was absolutely incorrect in throwing his actual truck, that can tow more, haul more, and is actually a truck into the mix.

    F-you, Ziggy.

    Dammit, Dan! You forgot to mention the fuel mileage. Oh, and F-you, too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •