Results 1 to 43 of 43

Thread: 2022 Silverado 1500 mid-year refresh and ZR2 model.

  1. #1
    Registered Member Gearhead SS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    45,496
    vCash
    1326
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: GearheadSS

    2022 Silverado 1500 mid-year refresh and ZR2 model.

    Not sure how I like the front refresh yet. Bowtie is too high on the grille. High Country looks ok though.

    New interior is so much better than the current one.

    ZR2 looks impressive. Multimatic DSSV shocks, front and rear e-diffs, terrain mode with one pedal driving, 6.2 V8...pretty much a full size version of the Colorado ZR2.











    Last edited by Gearhead SS; 09-09-2021 at 09:03 PM.

  2. #2
    SW:240 CW:234.6 GW:200 Mike Hawk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    61,975
    vCash
    66
    No thanks.

  3. #3
    Registered Member Potent68's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    30,142
    vCash
    12575
    Jesus that looks awful.

  4. #4
    Registered Member Gearhead SS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    45,496
    vCash
    1326
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: GearheadSS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hawk View Post
    No thanks.

    Yeah, we know. It's not a Tesla or a mini-van so nobody thought you would want one.

  5. #5
    DANSBIRD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    182,383
    vCash
    25
    GOT EM!

  6. #6
    Rise early. Work hard. STRIKE OIL! CT Morgan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW, TEXAS
    Posts
    58,967
    vCash
    1250
    Not sure why GM keeps messing up bowtie placement.

  7. #7
    better than Bryce silverSS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    29,628
    vCash
    25
    Bowtie looks ok on the ZR2, but completely weird on the model with the chrome grille.

  8. #8
    R.I.P PCED: 6-28-2020 5.0THIS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    45,328
    vCash
    31500
    I didn’t like the current ones but they grew on me. I too would like to see a lower grill emblem but otherwise I do like the ZR2.

  9. #9
    Oops! EABiker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    11,911
    vCash
    500
    They will probably sell a bowtie lowering kit.

  10. #10
    Registered Member Potent68's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    30,142
    vCash
    12575
    The High Country doesn't look nearly as bad as the ZR2. The interior looks to be an improvement. Super cruise while pulling a trailer sounds nice. I wonder if that will find it's way into the HD's in 2023.

  11. #11
    "C-c-c-c-ombo Breaker!!" jeeplaw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Skara Brae
    Posts
    10,562
    vCash
    516
    Rolls the dice...c'mon GMC..

  12. #12
    Registered Member Davy_Baby9's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,596
    vCash
    15000
    Definitely an improvement on the interior, exterior looks mostly the same to me. I like the ZR2 but now Chevy has a Custom Trail Boss, Trail Boss, and now ZR2. Impressed with the power output of the revised 2.7 and still the best diesel of the half tons.

    I still think GMC’s have looked bette since 2007, hope they don’t screw that up.

  13. #13
    R.I.P PCED: 6-28-2020 5.0THIS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    45,328
    vCash
    31500
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9 View Post
    Definitely an improvement on the interior, exterior looks mostly the same to me. I like the ZR2 but now Chevy has a Custom Trail Boss, Trail Boss, and now ZR2. Impressed with the power output of the revised 2.7 and still the best diesel of the half tons.

    I still think GMC’s have looked bette since 2007, hope they don’t screw that up.
    The GMCs looked better from 03-07 as well.

  14. #14
    The other autistic day-trading Dr. Discount Dr. Burry's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    16,183
    vCash
    10116
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: blunt_dissection
    Not a fan.

  15. #15
    Registered Member Epic Bosnian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    56,887
    vCash
    67
    Still worst truck in the class.

  16. #16
    Registered Member Cerwin Vega Fan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Escaped from Louisiana.
    Posts
    18,395
    vCash
    7064
    The front end just does not do anything for me.

  17. #17
    F*** Islam BlazedTech's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Wylie
    Posts
    4,825
    vCash
    25
    Does anyone actually like screens? I think they look cheesy AF and I like real switches/buttons.

  18. #18
    Registered Member Davy_Baby9's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,596
    vCash
    15000
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazedTech View Post
    Does anyone actually like screens? I think they look cheesy AF and I like real switches/buttons.
    I don’t mind screens as long as its not above the top of the dash. With that said I’d take the 8.4 screen in a ram vs the huge 12” screen for example. The Ford Lightning bigger screen goes above the dash and would annoy me vs the smaller. I like how GM extended it horizontally instead of vertically.

  19. #19
    The other autistic day-trading Dr. Discount Dr. Burry's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    16,183
    vCash
    10116
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: blunt_dissection
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazedTech View Post
    Does anyone actually like screens? I think they look cheesy AF and I like real switches/buttons.
    “Let’s have our entire industry shutdown by chip shortages and make vehicles that need exponentially more of them”….

  20. #20
    Registered Member Potent68's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    30,142
    vCash
    12575
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazedTech View Post
    Does anyone actually like screens? I think they look cheesy AF and I like real switches/buttons.
    Yes and no. Android Auto and Apple Car Play are (usually) great. Having things like climate control on a screen without buttons sucks. Our '17 Civic doesn't have a volume knob and a year or two later Honda added it back to the new Civics so I assume someone complained loudly enough.

  21. #21
    Good Times Hank Moody's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    53,117
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9 View Post
    I don’t mind screens as long as its not above the top of the dash. With that said I’d take the 8.4 screen in a ram vs the huge 12” screen for example. The Ford Lightning bigger screen goes above the dash and would annoy me vs the smaller. I like how GM extended it horizontally instead of vertically.
    I'm curious on this. The new GM screen is going to be a real stretch to select or touch the screen on the right side from the drivers seat. The Ram is easy to touch all over. The GM screen is going to put a lot more light up high in dash. That's going to be interesting at night to see how your eyes focus with that much activity going on. I always wondered why Tesla made theirs vertical.

  22. #22
    Good Times Hank Moody's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    53,117
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Potent68 View Post
    Yes and no. Android Auto and Apple Car Play are (usually) great. Having things like climate control on a screen without buttons sucks. Our '17 Civic doesn't have a volume knob and a year or two later Honda added it back to the new Civics so I assume someone complained loudly enough.
    The ram 12" has a physical button on the edge of the screen for almost all basic controls. Matter of fact, that's what I use most. I'd be a bit irritated too if I had to make a selection to then make a selection.

  23. #23
    Registered Member Davy_Baby9's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,596
    vCash
    15000
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Moody View Post
    I'm curious on this. The new GM screen is going to be a real stretch to select or touch the screen on the right side from the drivers seat. The Ram is easy to touch all over. The GM screen is going to put a lot more light up high in dash. That's going to be interesting at night to see how your eyes focus with that much activity going on. I always wondered why Tesla made theirs vertical.
    Yeah that’s a good point, even taking your eyes longer to find whatever it is you’re looking for. I like the Ram large screen and how it’s integrated into the dash instead of just plopped on top. I just prefer backup hvac dials. That way when my screen craps out I can at least be comfy on my way to the dealer to rage about the screen .

  24. #24
    Registered Member Gearhead SS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    45,496
    vCash
    1326
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: GearheadSS
    Quote Originally Posted by Discount Dr. Burry View Post
    “Let’s have our entire industry shutdown by chip shortages and make vehicles that need exponentially more of them”….

    This interior has been in development for a long time, well before the pandemic and chip shortage. It was actually supposed to be introduced on the 2021 models, over a year ago. So, roughly an 18 month delay.

  25. #25
    This is the way. tyman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Land of Oz
    Posts
    37,021
    vCash
    0
    ZR2 ftw

  26. #26
    DANSBIRD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    182,383
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazedTech View Post
    Does anyone actually like screens? I think they look cheesy AF and I like real switches/buttons.
    It's nice w/ the backup/blinker camera & w/ AA/CarPlay, but other than that, no. I don't care for them. I certainly don't need a huge screen. Similar to how I don't need a huge cell phone. I was completely content w/ a smaller smart phone and never felt the need to change to a much larger screen (ended up doing that any way, but for other reasons).

    I have an 8.4" screen in the Jeep and it's perfectly fine for me. Crystal clear, not too big, and doesn't protrude outside of the already constructed dashboard.

  27. #27
    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Newfield NJ
    Posts
    14,390
    vCash
    990
    Quote Originally Posted by EABiker View Post
    They will probably sell a bowtie lowering kit.
    underrated post

  28. #28
    Registered Member NHRATA01's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    26,994
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by EABiker View Post
    They will probably sell a bowtie lowering kit.
    And dealers will have it on every truck and charge you $350 for it.

  29. #29
    I look reasonable, but I'm not. No F-bdy Bs's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Next door. My folks live next door
    Posts
    32,001
    vCash
    7246
    Gm should just throw in the towel on this generation, fire everyone associated with the design.
    It's looked like shit since day 1.

    But somehow the Tahoes look awesome.

  30. #30
    Registered Member TreeGreenZ's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Purcellville, VA
    Posts
    18,115
    vCash
    19000
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: muskyhunter77 PSN ID: muskyhunter77
    Quote Originally Posted by No F-bdy Bs View Post
    Gm should just throw in the towel on this generation, fire everyone associated with the design.
    It's looked like shit since day 1.

    But somehow the Tahoes look awesome.
    You think they look that bad? I dislike the HD trucks but I think they are reasonably attractive.....

    My aesthetics meter might be broken but I would probably put them at number 2. But that is only with certain colors. I think they look great in Black and White.....

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TreeGreenZ; 09-14-2021 at 07:34 AM.

  31. #31
    Registered Member Gearhead SS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    45,496
    vCash
    1326
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: GearheadSS
    Quote Originally Posted by No F-bdy Bs View Post
    Gm should just throw in the towel on this generation, fire everyone associated with the design.
    It's looked like shit since day 1.

    But somehow the Tahoes look awesome.

    I love my Trail Boss and we have no problem selling these trucks. Dramatic much?

  32. #32
    I look reasonable, but I'm not. No F-bdy Bs's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Next door. My folks live next door
    Posts
    32,001
    vCash
    7246
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeGreenZ View Post
    You think they look that bad? I dislike the HD trucks but I think they are reasonably attractive.....

    My aesthetics meter might be broken but I would probably put them at number 2. But that is only with certain colors. I think they look great in Black and White.....

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    The Ram is easily the best looking half ton, and I am NOT a Ram fan.
    Ford is mundane as always, but it's at least not offensive.
    The GM twins look like they're 3 different vehicles.
    The front looks fine, the cab looks fine, the bed is fine (except from the rear)
    But combined, and they simply don't match or flow.

  33. #33
    I look reasonable, but I'm not. No F-bdy Bs's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Next door. My folks live next door
    Posts
    32,001
    vCash
    7246
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead SS View Post
    I love my Trail Boss and we have no problem selling these trucks. Dramatic much?
    Don't get me wrong, buying new I'd still take the GM simply because of the 6.2, but I'd never like the looks.

  34. #34
    DANSBIRD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    182,383
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by No F-bdy Bs View Post
    The Ram is easily the best looking half ton, and I am NOT a Ram fan.
    Ford is mundane as always, but it's at least not offensive.
    The GM twins look like they're 3 different vehicles.
    The front looks fine, the cab looks fine, the bed is fine (except from the rear)
    But combined, and they simply don't match or flow.
    My wife and I were out and about the other day... I'm looking ahead at a stop light and she says "Now that is a really good lookin' truck." I look over to see what she's considering a good looking truck. To my surprise, it was a TRX and I completely agreed. I have seen a few, but never up close. That thing looked mean. I love a beefy truck, like a Raptor & TRX.

  35. #35
    Registered Member TreeGreenZ's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Purcellville, VA
    Posts
    18,115
    vCash
    19000
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: muskyhunter77 PSN ID: muskyhunter77
    Quote Originally Posted by No F-bdy Bs View Post
    The Ram is easily the best looking half ton, and I am NOT a Ram fan.
    Ford is mundane as always, but it's at least not offensive.
    The GM twins look like they're 3 different vehicles.
    The front looks fine, the cab looks fine, the bed is fine (except from the rear)
    But combined, and they simply don't match or flow.
    Got to be honest, I have always been a fan of the looks of Ram.....but I am starting to feel its a bit dated....Ford is mundane....but its kind of a classic mundane look, in a world where everyone else is trying to stand out and catch up.

    I am interested to see how ugly the next Tundra's are.....it will probably be exceptionally ugly, but I really want to consider one.

  36. #36
    R.I.P PCED: 6-28-2020 5.0THIS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    45,328
    vCash
    31500
    The ZR2 I'm actually really digging now.

  37. #37
    Registered Member Epic Bosnian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    56,887
    vCash
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead SS View Post
    I love my Trail Boss and we have no problem selling these trucks. Dramatic much?
    That doesn't really mean much nowadays. Anything with a chip in it can be sold today.

  38. #38
    White trash!! Nate's4.6's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Clearwater
    Posts
    55,693
    vCash
    4793
    That front is just tough to like and wtf gear shifter

  39. #39
    DANSBIRD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    182,383
    vCash
    25
    Well I'm an idiot... when I saw ZR2, I assumed it was a Coloardo... I didn't know the ZR2 was offered in a silverado. How long have they offered the ZR2 on the silverado?

  40. #40
    Registered Member Gearhead SS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    45,496
    vCash
    1326
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: GearheadSS
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic Bosnian View Post
    That doesn't really mean much nowadays. Anything with a chip in it can be sold today.

    We've had no problems selling these trucks since 2019.

  41. #41
    Registered Member Gearhead SS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    45,496
    vCash
    1326
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: GearheadSS
    Quote Originally Posted by DANSBIRD View Post
    Well I'm an idiot... when I saw ZR2, I assumed it was a Coloardo... I didn't know the ZR2 was offered in a silverado. How long have they offered the ZR2 on the silverado?

    You ok there, Dan?

    It's literally never been offered on Silverado before.

  42. #42
    DANSBIRD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    182,383
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead SS View Post
    You ok there, Dan?

    It's literally never been offered on Silverado before.
    Ahhhh the video threw me off b/c it keeps swapping b/t the Silverado and Colorado. (I was skipping around on the video. )
    Last edited by DANSBIRD; 09-15-2021 at 07:02 PM.

  43. #43
    Member of the 12th man deej-79's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Missing the mountains
    Posts
    18,912
    vCash
    2165
    I like it, except for the zr2 bumper. I've always liked this gen with a non chrome grille.

    And when will manufacturers just make the gear shift a fucking knob?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •