Thread: 6th gen ZL1

vCash

6th gen ZL1

Anyone here have/had one or have extensive seat time in one? They are intriguing, although I'd likely wait out this insane market.

vCash
    I think 383nitrous has one.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FASTPACE1105
    There have been a few people who have had them. I've looked at them pretty extensively in the past. Consensus is the 10spd auto is by far the best trans option on them, and even many manual guys ended up selling to convert. The 6spd is good too, but you'll be buying only based on nostalgia as many note the 10spd to be more fun to drive. I would completely pass on the earlier years with 8spd auto, lots of shifting issues and believe there have been a few TSBs trying to correct it.

I think it's 2018 and earlier also had oil pump issues https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...light=oil+pump

Besides for those things, it seemed like everyone really enjoyed the cars. They have held their value really well, when I was looking hard about 1.5 years ago they were just getting right to the $50k mark for around 20-30k miles if you found the right deal but now are back up around $60k. Even the 5th Gen ZL1s have done pretty well holding their value still bringing $30k+ on a 10 year old car that was $55k new MSRP.

Whataburger > *

vCash
    I have nothing to add other than you should get one

vCash
    6th gen ZL1 always had the 10 speed. The regular SS started with the 8 then moved to the 10 when they fucked up the snout.

And yes you should get one. I really want one before they get killed off.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FASTPACE1105
    Quote Originally Posted by NHRATA01 View Post
    6th gen ZL1 always had the 10 speed. The regular SS started with the 8 then moved to the 10 when they fucked up the snout.

And yes you should get one. I really want one before they get killed off.
    Ah yeah you're correct, must have been thinking in that I was comparing ZL1 and V3 and the Zl1 is 10spd and V3 was 8spd. Prefer the V3 just from a practicality standpoint for a daily drive, but was leaning more ZL1 just due to the trans options.

vCash
    Nothing to add other than the new Rapid Blue color for 22 is tits. Large, glorious tits

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GearheadSS
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastpace View Post
    There have been a few people who have had them. I've looked at them pretty extensively in the past. Consensus is the 10spd auto is by far the best trans option on them, and even many manual guys ended up selling to convert. The 6spd is good too, but you'll be buying only based on nostalgia as many note the 10spd to be more fun to drive. I would completely pass on the earlier years with 8spd auto, lots of shifting issues and believe there have been a few TSBs trying to correct it.

I think it's 2018 and earlier also had oil pump issues https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...light=oil+pump

Besides for those things, it seemed like everyone really enjoyed the cars. They have held their value really well, when I was looking hard about 1.5 years ago they were just getting right to the $50k mark for around 20-30k miles if you found the right deal but now are back up around $60k. Even the 5th Gen ZL1s have done pretty well holding their value still bringing $30k+ on a 10 year old car that was $55k new MSRP.

The 10 speed is in no way, shape or form more fun to drive than the 6 speed manual. That's just absurd.

The 10 speed is great but it's not "fun". It's the best automatic GM has ever put into a performance car but I'd still rather drive a manual in a car like the ZL1. I wouldn't turn one down if it's all that was available though.
    Last edited by Gearhead SS; 12-07-2021 at 09:21 PM.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Oh and I have this one ordered. It's available for now. Build date is 12/13/21.

Vivid Orange 6 speed with PDR, carbon fiber hood insert and performance copper free braking system.

Whataburger > *

vCash

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by TOPPED_OUT View Post
    Nothing to add other than the new Rapid Blue color for 22 is tits. Large, glorious tits

Rapid Blue is great on Camaro. I don't care for it on the C8 but I love it on Camaro. I have a Rapid Blue SS 1LE that was just built. Can't wait to see it.

vCash
    Loving both of those cars.

Registered Member

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead SS View Post
    Oh and I have this one ordered. It's available for now. Build date is 12/13/21.

Vivid Orange 6 speed with PDR, carbon fiber hood insert and performance copper free braking system.
    That's a new one to me, never heard of a copper free braking system.....

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Racer Z View Post
    That's a new one to me, never heard of a copper free braking system.....

It's new for 2022 because of California's stupid laws. If a car's brake pads have too much copper, they can't be sold in California. So, in order for GM to sell SS and ZL1 Camaros in California, they had to implement the CT5-V Blackwing's braking system which has copper free pads.

So, on an SS ordered with those, you're getting CT5-V Blackwing 2 piece rotors, 6 piston front/4 piston rear calipers, all for $995. It's a crazy good deal because it's a substantial upgrade over stock SS brakes.

On the SS 1LE and ZL1, it's essentially the same thing although not as much of an upgrade. The rotors are larger though. It's a $500 upcharge on those models.

vCash
    Rapid Blue is great on Camaro. I don't care for it on the C8 but I love it on Camaro. I have a Rapid Blue SS 1LE that was just built. Can't wait to see it.

Fuuuuuuu

Whatís MSRP? 2ss or 1ss?

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Fuuuuuuu

What’s MSRP? 2ss or 1ss?

$48,710. 1SS, 6 speed manual, rear wicker bill, copper free brakes, black lug nuts and locks and performance data recorder.

vCash
    That blue one is fine.

vCash
    $48,710. 1SS, 6 speed manual, rear wicker bill, copper free brakes, black lug nuts and locks and performance data recorder.
    How much does the 2ss add to the sticker? I like to have my balls blown on and iirc the 2ss have the nut coolers

ETA: thatís a lot of car for 48k imo

vCash
    Gamer IDs

How much does the 2ss add to the sticker? I like to have my balls blown on and iirc the 2ss have the nut coolers

ETA: that’s a lot of car for 48k imo
    2SS adds $5k. It's a lot really but 2SS has all of the cool add ons. Heated/cooled seats, Bose, parking sensors, side blind zone alert, rear camera mirror, etc.

vCash
    2SS adds $5k. It's a lot really but 2SS has all of the cool add ons. Heated/cooled seats, Bose, parking sensors, side blind zone alert, rear camera mirror, etc.
    If I'm buying new, I don't think there's any way I'm getting one w/out heated seats. Cooled seats is a nice bonus, but not a necessity for me.... heated seats though are a must for a new vehicle.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gameskin
    Quote Originally Posted by DANSBIRD View Post
    If I'm buying new, I don't think there's any way I'm getting one w/out heated seats. Cooled seats is a nice bonus, but not a necessity for me.... heated seats though are a must for a new vehicle.
    heated steering wheel is nice too. And now that I've had one...

I haven't driven a zl1 but own a 2ss 2016 that I've put 60k miles on. The car itself has been great. Interior is exactly the same as the day I bought it. None of the normal GM wear and tear. The worst complaint is sometimes the panels will creak with certain frequencies. The only other things are what you already know going in. No space and if you aren't used to driving 100% by the mirrors not being able to see by looking over your shoulder it will freak you out. Check out camaro6 for zl1 potential issues and stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Black96lt1 View Post
    heated steering wheel is nice too. And now that I've had one...

I haven't driven a zl1 but own a 2ss 2016 that I've put 60k miles on. The car itself has been great. Interior is exactly the same as the day I bought it. None of the normal GM wear and tear. The worst complaint is sometimes the panels will creak with certain frequencies. The only other things are what you already know going in. No space and if you aren't used to driving 100% by the mirrors not being able to see by looking over your shoulder it will freak you out. Check out camaro6 for zl1 potential issues and stuff.
    I like my heated steering wheel too. Not sure if it'd be a deal breaker if I didn't get it, but it is nice.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Yeah if I was going to get one, it would be a 2SS but if it was going to be tracked quite a bit, I'd probably get a 1SS for weight savings.

vCash
    Yeah if I was going to get one, it would be a 2SS but if it was going to be tracked quite a bit, I'd probably get a 1SS for weight savings.
    What is the weight savings b/t the two?

vCash
    Gamer IDs

What is the weight savings b/t the two?

It's probably not that much but it's gotta be something with what's missing.

CEO: US Heat Lightning Network Dr WeatherBoner's Avatar

vCash
    Ok candy ass

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr WeatherBoner View Post
    Ok candy ass
    That's melted candy ass to you, pal.