Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joining the C4 crew

Registered Member Jake the SSnake's Avatar

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xJAKEtheSSNAKEx PSN ID: JaketheSSnake
    Such an amazing car for the time period. I bet it's an absolute blast to drive.

vCash
    That's pretty awesome actually. Enjoy.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FASTPACE1105
    Got the chance to sit down and go through all the documentation for the car. They came with an owners box (green with the wonderful camo tape) and a leather envelop for paperwork. The original owner kept a lot of the dealer prep work. They also got some of the papers for the initial order.

vCash
    Wow. It looks like you got all the stuff. That's cool.

vCash
    That 16/25 fuel mileage isn't bad for what decade this was in and the power it makes. It's crazy clean underneath.

Whataburger > *

vCash
    Love it

vCash
    I still can't believe how clean it is underneath, like not even residual oil leaks or exhaust rust.

vCash
    That’s awesome you have all of the documentation and window sticker. Man that was a lot of money for a car back then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DANSBIRD View Post
    That’s awesome you have all of the documentation and window sticker. Man that was a lot of money for a car back then.
    Just shy of $135k in 2022 dollars.

That is one CLEAN Vette! Congrats!

The other autistic day-trading Dr. Discount Dr. Burry's Avatar

vCash
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blunt_dissection
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9 View Post
    I still can't believe how clean it is underneath, like not even residual oil leaks or exhaust rust.

I was scrolling in reverse when I opened it and thought it was going to be the “after” detailed pics and that he had steamed the underside.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9 View Post
    Yeah was really surprised. I think there might be some small leak from the oil pan which is common.
    Since 1990 was the first year there was a ton of hype on the cars so many of them sold for way over sticker. Have seen several pictures of sale documents showing people paying $100k+ for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Discount Dr. Burry View Post

I was scrolling in reverse when I opened it and thought it was going to be the “after” detailed pics and that he had steamed the underside.
    Nope, starting the mechanical work tomorrow and then detailing Tuesday. Will probably just do a light wipe down with light degreaser underneath.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastpace View Post
    Yeah was really surprised. I think there might be some small leak from the oil pan which is common. Since 1990 was the first year there was a ton of hype on the cars so many of them sold for way over sticker. Have seen several pictures of sale documents showing people paying $100k+ for them.Nope, starting the mechanical work tomorrow and then detailing Tuesday. Will probably just do a light wipe down with light degreaser underneath.
    Sometime in '90 or '91, I was either 10 or 11 and a guy pulled up next to us at a store in a nice C4. I told him it was a very nice car and he said thanks. I then asked him if it was a ZR1. I think he was surprised I knew what a ZR1 even was and said "Ha, no son... it wasn't that expensive."

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Sometime in '90 or '91, I was either 10 or 11 and a guy pulled up next to us at a store in a nice C4. I told him it was a very nice car and he said thanks. I then asked him if it was a ZR1. I think he was surprised I knew what a ZR1 even was and said "Ha, no son... it wasn't that expensive."
    Haha, that's awesome.

Got started on the maintenance today. Swapped the dual fuel pump setup to a single Walboro. Was probably one of the easiest fuel pump changes ever. But it made up for it when going to replace the 16 fuel injectors. Holy crap there is a ton of vacuum hoses and over complicated stuff on this thing. I'm replacing the fuel pumps and injectors as 90-92s parts were not designed for ethanol compatibility so the 10% ethanol today lead to early failure, so trying to avoid that.

Going to do some engine bay cleanup and attempt to put thing back together tomorrow. Hopefully I can remember the 500 vacuum lines.

vCash
    16 injectors? That's weird. Do they all run at the same time, or does the 2nd set come on line at higher rev ranges?

It's interesting that the C7 ZR1 has 16 injectors, but for totally different reasons.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    16 injectors? That's weird. Do they all run at the same time, or does the 2nd set come on line at higher rev ranges?

It's interesting that the C7 ZR1 has 16 injectors, but for totally different reasons.
    My understanding is it was for emissions. But the 2nd fuel pump, 2nd set of injectors, and a set of throttle valves open for the secondary intake runners open up above 4000 rpm.

The injectors are all on the same rail, so really no reason for 2 fuel pumps outside of limits of what was available in 1990. The secondary throttle valves typically get bypassed to be open all the time when they fail. No real way to get rid of 2nd set of injectors since it'd be pretty extensive modifications and tuning, so just have to suck it up.

I like to do the breaking in person LV2XLR8's Avatar

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: That LSU Guy
    The documentation that came with the car is just as cool.